The goal of the VoterTech team is to investigate factors that affect voter turnout among college students and developing technologies to facilitate:
- Voter registration
- Transportation to the Polls on Election Day or for Early Voting (via ride sharing)
- Early and Absentee voting
- Reporting of Voting Irregularities
Some of the issues we will be addressing:
- What percentage of eligible college students are registered to vote and where?
- If registered at home, what percent vote early, by absentee ballot, on election day, or not at all?
- What factors affect college students’ likelihood of voting?
- What are the information needs of college students when voting?
- What are the differences in awareness between local issues (local to place of registration) and national issues?
- Does that difference impact desire to vote?